How To Apply Your Lashes
- Using a pair of tweezers start at one end of the lash band and very gently peel the lash away from the tray. Don’t use your fingers for this as you may end up removing the delicate hairs from the lash band.
- Measure the lash band up with your eye to see where/if you may need to cut any excess length.
- Use an eye-liner to line your natural lash line. You don’t have to line your eyes before applying the lashes, but it’s a good idea to!
- Next, apply a very thin coat of mascara to your natural lashes only. Allow to dry. It’s best to use mascara before you apply the lashes as using mascara on mink lashes will ruin them by causing product to build up.
- Apply a thin layer of eyelash glue to the lash band and wait 30-60 seconds or until the adhesive becomes sticky.
- Using tweezers or your fingers (fingers are okay to use in this part) apply the lash as close as possible to your natural lash line. Be sure to hold the lash down to for a few seconds to keep it in place while allowing for the glue to dry. Give a few seconds each to the outer corners, the middle and the inner corners to make sure they are set in place.
- Apply another coat of eye-liner on top and just above the lash band to help conceal it.
Removing Your Lashes
We wish just as much as you do that we could wear our lashes to bed but sadly they must come off before your beauty sleep.
- Use a little bit of oil-free make-up remover and a cotton bud and lightly dab it across the lash line to help dissolve the lash adhesive.
- Using tweezers, very carefully remove the lashes using the lash band and peel them away.
- Gently remove any excess glue build up from the lash band using either tweezers or your fingers.
- Apply some rubbing alcohol with a cotton bud to the lash band to sanitise it if you wish.
- Place your lashes back in their trays for protection and to keep them from losing their shape.
Lash Care and Tips
- Keep your lash trimmings as they can be used to fill in any sparse gaps from natural shedding of the lashes over time. They can also be used to create extra volume and add length to any other lashes you have.
- Keep your lashes from getting wet or near heat. Any water or heat will distort the lashes and make them lose their shape and curl.
- Try stacking different types of lashes together to create your very own style! Or double up on one style for extra drama, sass, volume and flair!
- Some shedding of the delicate fur of your mink lashes is natural over time. But always be careful not to pull on the individual hairs when removing them from the packaging and your eyes.
- To keep your Lash Brigade lashes looking fresh and fluttery it’s recommended that you avoid applying mascara to them. However, if you really, really must use mascara, then a very light dab just to the ends of your mink lashes with an oil-free mascara should be used. And be sure to remove any mascara build up from the lashes once you take them off.
- Make sure to carefully but thoroughly remove mascara build up from the lashes by using a cotton bud/ Q tip and an oil-free make-up remover.
- A great thing about mink eyelashes is that you can curl them just like your very own natural ones! The curl holds and maintains its shape perfectly.